Remembering passwords can be tricky, but setting effective and secure passwords on all the sites you use is vital in protecting you personal details and protecting yourself from possible fraudulent activity. When you set a password, it’s a good idea to use a mix of numbers and characters, Most sites these days will set a minimum number of characters to use, but please avoid using obvious phrases like “password”, or your name, or phone number.
- Example of weak password: Steve5
- Example of strong password: g5A2d3Bt18f
It’s best to avoid using the same password for each of your online accounts, because if a criminal gains access to it, all your accounts could be at risk. Multiple passwords keep you safer. It is also a good idea to change your passwords on a regular basis, especially for sites you use frequently and which involve financial transactions. If you ever get a request to reveal your password for an online site, do not respond. Legitimate sites and services will not ask you to send them passwords via email. You can re-set your password on www.amerirestoration.com at any time by signing into your account and choosing the edit your password option. If you have forgotten your password, just click on forgotten your password and enter your email address on the ‘Forgotten your password’ page, and we will email you a link that you will need to click on to reset your password. Keep yourself safe from malware and viruses with adequate, up to date security software on your computer. For more information on online safety and passwords, there are a number of useful websites such as Get Safe Online, Microsoft Safety & Security, Google good to know
The information you provide during an online transaction is treated confidentially, and not disclosed to a third party. Ameri Restoration inc have adopted a set of guidelines to protect our users’ privacy, these comply with the Data Protection Act 1998.
- www.amerirestoration.com protects users’ privacy to the maximum extent possible.
- www.amerirestoration.com undertakes to use in good faith the information obtained from users of its website so that private information will not be distributed or sold to third parties, except with the consent of the user.
- www.amerirestoration.com can, in accordance with law, collect certain information about users obtained during the use of website (excluding information about computer and on the Internet service provider ) or the data entered in the registration process. www.amerirestoration.com shall use these data only to have information about the users that use it and thus improve the portal and to further focus and adjust its contents to the visitors. Based on these data, we find what are the most popular contents and in which visitor groups. Data collection of this type in this or larger extent is common, and it is used by many world-renowned web sites like MSN, Google etc.
- www.amerirestoration.com undertakes not to use the collected private information, such as e-mail addresses, names and surnames without users’ permission or to sell or distribute them, except demographic data for a group of users without disclosing private information.
- www.amerirestoration.com undertakes to protect the privacy of the portal users, except in the case of serious violations of the rules of www.amerirestoration.com website or unlawful activities of users.